Hello!! Long time, no talk. I’m mostly continuing the no-talking thing for right now–just popping in to share a recipe (in part so that I remember it myself).
This recipe was inspired by/adapted from From My Bowl (Caitlin Shoemaker)’s Hummus Pasta. I love that one because it combines two of my favorite foods: hummus and…you guessed it…pasta. Those also happen to be two of the ingredients I’m most likely to have in my kitchen at any given time.
The other day, I was scavenging my empty fridge after coming back from a trip and remembered I could make this, but I only had a bit of hummus left. So, I added in some marinara sauce to flesh it out, and a whole new world of hummus pasta was revealed! Here’s my new favorite version. It’s super eyeball-y and adaptable, so use whatever you have on hand. Hope you enjoy!
Super-quick hummus pasta
- Serves: 2
- Time: 20 minutes
(all ingredients are adjustable/”to taste”)
- 8 oz. pasta
- 1/3-1/2 cup marinara sauce*
- 1/2-2/3 cup garlic hummus*
- 2-4 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- A few handfuls of baby spinach, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. When about a minute of cook time is left, scoop out and reserve a cup of the pasta water. Then, add the chopped spinach to cook with the pasta for the final minute. Drain the cooked pasta and spinach and set aside.
- Add the marinara, hummus, and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the now-empty pot. Stir to combine, and add more pasta water as needed until your desired sauce consistency is reached.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and olive oil to the sauce. Stir again to combine, and cook on low heat for a minute or two to heat through.
- Mix the pasta and spinach back into the sauce. Heat for another minute if needed, then enjoy!
*You want about a cup of sauce in total, so the amounts of marinara and hummus within that are adjustable based on what you’ve got and how tomato-y you want your sauce to be.
Mmm sounds delicious! Can’t wait to try! 😊