For the past several days, I’ve been jamming to Lady Gaga’s new song (ft. Ariana Grande), “Rain On Me,” pretty much nonstop. The song is amazing, and the music video is equally fabulous. This music release feels like it’s from another world—and certainly, the video must have been shot before the current global pandemic situation. If you somehow haven’t yet seen/head this masterpiece, here you go:
Gaga and Ari’s makeup/entire look in this video inspired me to glam up my own face a bit this Memorial Day. I just washed all my makeup brushes (long overdue—if you’re reading this, you probably should, too. Just sayin’) and they’re currently drying, so I only used sponges and fingers (mostly fingers) for this look, a fun challenge. I usually am a major brush lover, so it was refreshing to get out of my comfort zone application-wise.
Color-wise, though, this look was right in my comfort zone, which is to say, PURPLE. Whenever I’m wearing a non-neutral makeup look, chances are that it’s mostly purple. It’s my second-favorite color (yellow, unfortunately, is not quite as flattering on my face), and it makes brown eyes pop! I’m just obsessed. I used a combination of new and well-loved products to create this look and I’m loving the subtly space-glam vibe. Plus, no fussy application techniques, since again, I didn’t have any brushes to use. Read on to learn what products I used to create this look!
“I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive”
- Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup (Nude)
- sample; this shade was a bit dark for me
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define (C6.5)
- Covergirl Clean Fresh Cream Blush (390, Ripe & Ready)
- Kani Botanicals Prismatic Highlighter (Rose Quartz)
- CoverFX Shimmer Veil (Amethyst)
- NYX Faux Whites (White Smoke)
- Nabla Dazzle Liner (Royal Blood)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
- Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara
- Bite Beauty Crystal Crème Shimmer Lip Crayon (Grape Glaze)
Rain on me, rain, rain
Thanks for reading!