Happy New Year, everyone. It’s sure been a year, and though not much has materially changed since yesterday, I for one am grateful for this fresh start (even if it’s all in my head). I just spent some time writing out my intentions for this year in my new Bullet Journal (speaking of fresh starts, starting a new journal/notebook is such a PRISITINE feeling), and thought I’d like to share them here, too. In previous years I’ve made resolutions or goals; these intentions are much more unstructured. At some point I’d like to reflect on last year’s goals too, but those are written down in an older journal I don’t have access to at the moment. Regardless, here are my intentions for 2021, mostly in no particular order. If any of them resonate with you, or if you’d like to share your own intentions for this year, I’d love to hear about it.
- Spend more time doing what brings me true joy. Looking back on 2020, that means travel (if/when possible), being outdoors/in nature, and spending time with friends & family.
- Always have a book I’m excited to read around so when I need to take a break, reading is my go-to.
- Cherish & nurture my friendships. In the words of SZA, “I want better friendships 2021 so imma be a better friend.”
- Disengage from social media…in a real & meaningful way. Figure out better boundaries. Does this mean quitting Facebook & Twitter for awhile? (Probably.) Further limiting Instagram?
- Lean into creative pursuits with less fear, more hope& belief in myself.
- Find discovery & excitement in my research. I can do it!
- Cultivate a healthier relationship with shopping/spending, makeup & fashion, and self-image. Somehow I feel like they’re all connected…groundbreaking…
- Establish a better work-life balance, on both sides of the scale-the constant goal!
- Love myself, love others, find & cherish the words & actions that do that.
Thank you for reading this. I wish you a year of joy and fulfillment, whatever that means to you.