If you or a loved one blanch at the mere mention of kale, you may be entitled to this recipe for Really Good Greens.
- 1 large bunch lacinato kale (or other dark leafy green)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced into thin rings
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 0.5 tsp vegan chicken-flavored bouillon paste (I use Better than Bouillon No-Chicken Base)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Wash your greens and tear or chop them into roughly bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a large, tall-sided pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, then add shallot. Once shallot is softened, about 3-4 minutes, add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 more minute.
- Add chopped kale to the pan and top with soy sauce and bouillon paste. Mix to combine, and keep over medium heat until kale has wilted and bouillon paste has completely dissolved. (If you prefer your greens more saucy, place a lid on the pot while the kale wilts; otherwise, leave it uncovered.)
- Once kale is wilted, add black pepper to taste. Enjoy!